Welcome to the New England Intergroup of SLAA Web Site!
- Note! - Our next NEI business meeting is Sunday, December 8, 2013 from 5:00-7:00PM Please feel free to join us at our regular monthly meeting. For meeting directions and time, click here.
- NEI has contact/representative information for only 22 out of 60 groups (37%) under the NEI service area – we need your help Please review flyer here to see if Group(s)/Meetings you attend have a group contact or representative to NEI. NEI is asking if each meeting can provide this information to NEI by Dec. 31, 2013 but will accept forms after this date if needed. Please bring this form to your local meeting & discuss at your next business meeting.
- Our next Vermont 12-Step Weekend Retreat is Dec. 13-15, 2013 The retreats are not only about sharing experience, strength, and hope, but a chance to have lots of fun and laughs as well! We not only work the Steps, but also provide an opportunity to get to know ourselves, as well as other S&L addicts in a safe place. There is also ample opportunity for "down" time if your schedule is overwhelming you - for more information, visit our retreat web page or contact the . Early registration deadline for the December retreat is Friday, November 15th. Send in your registration by this date to qualify for the early registration amount.
- November is Gratitude Month. Consider making a donation to Fellowship Wide Services which is SLAA at the international level. Click here for more information.
- Elect Your Groups' Representatives to NEI in December & NEI Officer Elections in January 2014 Every meeting in the New England Intergroup area (Eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island) is allowed two voting representatives at the monthly Intergroup business meetings. Only elected representatives with at least 3 months of continuous sobriety are considered voting members at the NEI business meetings. However, anyone may attend and do service and anyone may speak at the meetings. If your meeting does not have any representatives, please consider choosing someone to represent your group attend the NEI business meetings. Meetings are held the 2nd Sunday of each month (with a few exceptions) at Newton Wellesley Hospital from 5:00-7:00PM. Click here for more information.
- 60/40 Flyer – Please share this information with your group(s) when making contributions to NEI and/or FWS In financial matters, Seventh Tradition states that S.L.A.A is self-supporting at all levels. What this means is that neither the group, the intergroup, or F.W.S. accepts outside contributions. In accordance with Tradition Six, S.L.A.A. at all levels makes no contributions to any outside organization, movement or cause, no matter how worthy. Take care of basic group expenses (rent, literature, Annual Business Meeting fund, prudent reserve, and other group needs.) Divide any remaining amounts - 60% to Intergroup and 40% to Fellowship Wide Services or whatever the group decides. This is a suggestion. Each group is free to decide on its own ratios. Click 7th Tradition Fact Sheet and Form for more information. Also see Supporting S.L.A.A. The 60-40 Way for more information.
- Help Translate S.L.A.A. Literature and Help Carry the S.L.A.A. Message Around the World The S.L.A.A. Translation Committee which was formed in July 2009 is looking for S.L.A.A. members who speak others languages that could help translate S.L.A.A. literature into Spanish, Hebrew, Hindi, Bengali, Chinese, French, Korean, Indonesian, Norwegian, Japanese, Russian, Arabic, Farsi, or any other language. Click here for more information.
- Register Your Group with Fellowship-Wide Services (FWS) FWS is requesting that all groups register their meetings with them directly. Please see link here for more information along with link to group registration form.
- Do you want to receive monthly mailings from New England Intergroup (NEI)? Sign up to receive monthly mailings from NEI which includes NEI’s monthly newsletter, quarterly meeting list, NEI financials and monthly meeting summaries. Also find out about NEI activities including NEI’s 12-Step Vermont Weekends, Spring and Fall Recovery Gatherings, Event flyers (some previous events have included: Movie Afternoon, Hiking on Mount Wachusett, Bowling, Biking on the Esplanade, Kayaking on the Charles, etc.) Click here to download form to sign-up.
- Journal Books on Sale. Read stories from members of the S.L.A.A. fellowship. The “First Ten Years of the Journal” books have been reduced. Click here for more information.
- Subscribe to the Journal Subscribe to S.L.A.A.'s meeting in print. Click here to subscribe to the Journal.
- If you have a new meeting or your existing meeting has changed time or location, be sure to fill out a NEI meeting information form. Remember that all groups need to register with their Intergroup (NEI) to get on the local meeting list, and with Fellowship-Wide Services (FWS) which publishes a booklet of S.L.A.A. meetings world-wide.
- Need meeting information or more on S.L.A.A.? Ou meetings are listed on-line by day, time, and city/town. You can also get meeting information via our answering service or request a complete meeting list sent by postal mail. Click to our meeting information page for more information.
Copyright © 2013. All Rights Reserved - New England Intergroup of
P. O. Box 1375, Brookline, MA 02446-0011