Welcome to the New England Intergroup of S.L.A.A. Web Site!
- Note! - Our next NEI business meeting is Sunday, May 3, 2015 from 5:00-7:00PM Please feel free to join us at our regular monthly meeting. For meeting directions and time, click here.
- Mass. 12-Step S.L.A.A. Weekend in Attleboro, MA - May 29-31. Join fellow members at NEI's first Massachusetts 12-step S.L.A.A. weekend in Attleboro. At the weekend we will do an intensive study of the 12 Steps--together. If you have worked on the Steps in this type of format before, you already know its value. If you have not done any study of the Steps, intensive or otherwise, this may be a great opportunity to try. We not only work the Steps, but also provide an opportunity to get to know ourselves, as well as other S&L addicts in a safe place. There is also ample opportunity for "down" time if the schedule is overwhelming you. Click here for more information. The early registration deadline is May 1st. Send in your registration form and check by this date to qualify for early registration rate.
- Mountain Top Recovery - Saturday, May 16th Join fellow S.L.A.A. members for Annual Hike at Mount Wachusett Mountain in Princeton, MA. We will hike up Mount Wachusett, take time for lunch at the mountain top and have a getting current meeting. There will be carpooling from the Newton area for those interested in sharing the drive together. Click here for more information.
- Our next Vermont 12-Step Weekend is July 17-19. The retreats are not only about sharing experience, strength, and hope, but a chance to have lots of fun and laughs as well! We not only work the Steps, but also provide an opportunity to get to know ourselves, as well as other S&L addicts in a safe place. There is also ample opportunity for "down" time if your schedule is overwhelming you - for more information, visit our retreat web page or contact the . The early registration deadline is June 19th. Send in your registration form and check by this date to qualify for early registration rate.
- Are you interested in being a part of a local planning committee to host the Annual Business Meeting (ABM) and International Recovery Convention (IRC) in the Boston area in 2016 and 2017? 2016 will mark the 40th Anniversary of S.L.A.A. which started as a New England area meeting in Newton, Massachusetts in 1976. Intergroup is exploring the opportunity to share with ABM delegates and members from around the world where S.L.A.A. began. Bids are being requested from Intergroups around the world to host the 2016 and 2017 ABM and IRC of our Fellowship. Bids are due to Fellowship Wide Services by April 1, 2015. New England Intergroup is considering making a bid if we can get enough local members to support this effort. Please see Hosting ABM and IRC in Boston 2016 and 2017 for more information.
- NEI has contact/representative information for only 26 out of 60 groups (43%) under the NEI service area – we need your help Please review flyer here to see if Group(s)/Meetings you attend have a group contact or representative to NEI. NEI is asking each meeting to provide a meeting contact to NEI. Please bring this form to your local meeting & discuss at your next business meeting.
- NEI Officer Elections were in January 2014 Every meeting in the New England Intergroup area (Eastern Massachusetts and Rhode Island) is allowed two voting representatives at the monthly Intergroup business meetings. Only elected representatives with at least 3 months of continuous sobriety are considered voting members at the NEI business meetings. However, anyone may attend and do service and anyone may speak at the meetings. If your meeting does not have any representatives, please consider choosing someone to represent your group to attend the NEI business meetings. Meetings are held the 2nd Sunday of each month (with a few exceptions) at Newton Wellesley Hospital from 5:00-7:00PM. Click here for more information.
- Facilitators Needed for Institutional S.L.A.A. Meetings in Bridgewater, MA - November 2013 The Massachusetts Correctional Treatment Facility in Bridgewater, MA holds two
S.L.A.A meetings every week on Tuesdays and Wednesdays. They are looking for S.L.A.A. members to come in and facilitate the meetings. Without anyone to facilitate
the meetings, the state will cancel the S.L.A.A. program. These meetings are for men who have committed sexual crimes. Inmates undergo physical and psychological screening and must be on good behavior before they are
allowed to attend. For many of them it is their first S.L.A.A. meeting and their first experience with addiction recovery. We have one S.L.A.A. member who volunteered to facilitate the meetings, but he cannot do it all himself. He needs help. We need volunteers willing to go to Bridgewater to facilitate some of the meetings to help these men with their first steps
on the road to recovery. Volunteers must be:
- Willing to submit to a background check (including full name)
- Have no criminal record
If you are interested in finding out more about facilitating institutional meetings in Bridgewater, contact .
- 60/40 Flyer – Please share this information with your group(s) when making contributions to NEI and/or FWS In financial matters, Seventh Tradition states that S.L.A.A is self-supporting at all levels. What this means is that neither the group, the intergroup, or F.W.S. accepts outside contributions. In accordance with Tradition Six, S.L.A.A. at all levels makes no contributions to any outside organization, movement or cause, no matter how worthy. Take care of basic group expenses (rent, literature, Annual Business Meeting fund, prudent reserve, and other group needs.) Divide any remaining amounts - 60% to Intergroup and 40% to Fellowship Wide Services or whatever the group decides. This is a suggestion. Each group is free to decide on its own ratios. Click 7th Tradition Fact Sheet and Form for more information. Also see Supporting S.L.A.A. The 60-40 Way for more information.
- Help Translate S.L.A.A. Literature and Help Carry the S.L.A.A. Message Around the World The S.L.A.A. Translation Committee which was formed in July 2009 is looking for S.L.A.A. members who speak others languages that could help translate S.L.A.A. literature into Spanish, Hebrew, Hindi, Bengali, Chinese, French, Korean, Indonesian, Norwegian, Japanese, Russian, Arabic, Farsi, or any other language. Click here for more information.
- Register Your Group with Fellowship-Wide Services (FWS) FWS is requesting that all groups register their meetings with them directly. Please see link here for more information along with link to group registration form.
- Do you want to receive monthly mailings from New England Intergroup (NEI)? Sign up to receive monthly mailings from NEI which includes NEI’s monthly newsletter, quarterly meeting list, NEI financials and monthly meeting summaries. Also find out about NEI activities including NEI’s 12-Step Vermont Weekends, Spring and Fall Recovery Gatherings, Event flyers (some previous events have included: Movie Afternoon, Hiking on Mount Wachusett, Bowling, Biking on the Esplanade, Kayaking on the Charles, etc.) Click here to download form to sign-up.
- Journal Books on Sale. Read stories from members of the S.L.A.A. fellowship. The “First Ten Years of the Journal” books have been reduced. Click here for more information.
- Subscribe to the Journal Subscribe to S.L.A.A.'s meeting in print. Click here to subscribe to the Journal.
- If you have a new meeting or your existing meeting has changed time or location, be sure to fill out a NEI meeting information form. Remember that all groups need to register with their Intergroup (NEI) to get on the local meeting list, and with Fellowship-Wide Services (FWS) which publishes a booklet of S.L.A.A. meetings world-wide.
- Need meeting information or more on S.L.A.A.? Ou meetings are listed on-line by day, time, and city/town. You can also get meeting information via our answering service or request a complete meeting list sent by postal mail. Click to our meeting information page for more information.
Copyright © 2015. All Rights Reserved - New England Intergroup of
P. O. Box 1375, Brookline, MA 02446-0011